October 7-8. Alberta Livestock Expo. Lethbridge, AB
October 8. NCBA's Protein Supplementation for Your Herd. WEBINAR
October 8. How will the US election affect your (farm) business? WEBINAR
October 13. How does beef production support the water cycle? WEBINAR
October 14-18. Leman China Swine Conference. Chongqing, China
October 19-20. Animal Health and Nutrition Summit. VIRTUAL
October 20. NCBA's Energy Supplementation for Your Herd. WEBINAR
October 27. NCBA's How Cow Nutrition Affects Calf Performance. WEBINAR
October 28. BCRC's Combating Invasive Weed Species. WEBINAR
Our Social Events
December 18, 2019
Thanks to the LG Social Committee for organizing
our Christmas Party at Laser City.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
June 06, 2019
Thanks to the LG Social Committee for organizing a fun
"team-building" activity at lunch.
We all had a blast!
- Any well-motivated student with a good attitude can have a career in agriculture if they want it. So why do so many positions go unfilled? “Mostly because there’s a disconnect,” …Read More »
- Tom Lynch-Staunton has a great job. He’s Regional VP for Alberta for the Nature Conservancy of Canada. He just started in August 2020. He manages the Alberta region conservation efforts, …Read More »
- “It’s an absolute revolution!” insists Bruce Whitelaw, Professor of Animal Biotechnology at The Roslin Institute, Scotland, of gene editing. “Scientifically, the potential is huge. It allows us to increase the …Read More »
- On August 19, an article titled, “Is the way cattle are grazed the key to saving America’s prairies?” made headlines in The Guardian. It describes how cattle are being turned …Read More »
- In 2018, McDonald’s became the first company in Canada to offer beef from certified sustainable sources. Harvey’s and others followed suit. But what does “sustainable” mean in this context? And …Read More »