January 23-24. Canadian Agri-Food Policy Conference. Ottawa, ON
January 24-25. You Can Get There From Here; Farm Financial Management Seminar. Debolt, AB
February 25-26. Canadian Forage Seed Conference. Edmonton, AB
January 28-30. FarmTech 2020. Edmonton, AB
January 29-30. Saskatchewan Beef Industry Conference. Saskatoon, SK
January 30-February 1. Pacific Agriculture Show. Abbotsford, BC
February 5-7. Targeted Grazing Academy. Swift Current, SK
February 11-13. Western Canada Feedlot Management School. Regina, SK
February 12. Grazing Management. WEBINAR
February 13. Ranching Opportunities Conference. Olds, AB
February 13. Assessing winter kill and what you can do about it: forage rejuvenation. WEBINAR
February 25-27. 7th Native Prairie Restoration/Reclamation Workshop and 5th Transboundary Grassland Workshop. Regina, SK
Our Social Events
December 18, 2019
Thanks to the LG Social Committee for organizing
our Christmas Party at Laser City.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
June 06, 2019
Thanks to the LG Social Committee for organizing a fun
"team-building" activity at lunch.
We all had a blast!
- The importance of biodiversity is widely recognized. High profile reports include the UN IPBES 2019 report (United Nations Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services) and the OECD report …Read More »
- Cattle don’t just eat grasses. They can also digest 99% of fruit and vegetables—even bread. Producers have been feeding cull potatoes and peels to cows for years, so the idea …Read More »
- As of September 2019, Germany’s Leibniz-Institut für Nutztierbiologie (FBN) is home to BovReg—a $9 million, EU-funded project dedicated to generating a comprehensive functional annotation map of the bovine genome and …Read More »
- Julia Keenliside DVM MSc Veterinary Epidemiologist Alberta Agriculture and Forestry The porcine epidemic diarrhea (PED) virus first made the jump from Asia to the USA in 2013. Since then, it …Read More »
- It all started with an idea…. Former Gentec CEO, Steve Moore’s PhD student, Stephanie McKay, thought about developing a SNP chip for applications in cattle, a project that eventually became …Read More »