July 7-12. International Society for Animal Genetics Conference. Lleida, Spain
July 8-11. ASAS-CSAS Annual Meeting and Trade Show. Austin, USA
July 16. Annual Southern Alberta Grazing School for Women. Milk River, AB
July 16. NCBA Cattlemen's Webinar Series - Data Driven Value. WEBINAR
July 18-18. Ag in Motion. Saskatoon, SK
July 22 or 22-23. Grazing School with Dr. Allen Williams. Grimshaw, AB
August 8. Saskatchewan Pasture Tour 2019. Saskatoon, SK
August 13-15. Canadian Beef Industry Conference, Calgary, AB.
August 13-14. AgSmart. Olds, AB
August 14. Bov-Innovation (part of CBIC above). Calgary, AB
August 16. In the Field Soil Health School. Battle River, AB.
June 06, 2019
Thanks to the LG Social Committee for organizing a fun "team-building" activity at lunch.
We all had a blast.
March 13, 2019
Livestock Gentec sponsored the graduate student symposium. LG had three PhD students participate, where Seyed Ali Goldansaz gave an excellent oral presentation on Metabolomics and sheep mastitis, and Jiyuan Li and Xuechun Bai participated in a poster competition. All students presented very well, and Xuechun Bai won in the poster competition as one forge top three posters!
- Where once genetic and herd management services to the dairy industry came from separate sources, Lactanet Canada now integrates these services under one organization. As of June 3, 2019, founding …Read More »
- Gentec’s former Director of Knowledge Translation, Dawn Trautman, spent 12 days in China at the beginning of May, marvelling at its contradictions and potential with her MBA program group. She …Read More »
- Robert Mukiibi is finishing up his PhD in bovine quantitative and functional genomics related to feed efficiency. He’s been with Gentec for nearly four years. During that time, he has …Read More »
- The 2019 update of Canada’s Food Guide has been out for about a month. In that time, it has been both praised as better reflecting today’s lifestyles and sustainability issues, …Read More »
- Hands-on practice helps student learning stick The Ruminant Digestion, Metabolism and Nutrition course at UAlberta benefits from hands-on industry participation ANSC461/AFNS561 is a “must-have” course for any student wanting to …Read More »