February 25-26. Canadian Forage Seed Conference. Edmonton, AB
February 25-27. 7th Native Prairie Restoration/Reclamation Workshop and 5th Transboundary Grassland Workshop. Regina, SK
March 4-6. Alberta Beef Industry Conference. Red Deer, AB
March 10. AFIN 2020 Forage Industry Update and AGM. Leduc, AB
March 10-13. Western Canadian Dairy Seminar. Red Deer, AB
March 12. Preventing external parasites from bugging your cattle. WEBINAR
March 17-18. World Agri-Tech Innovation Summit. San Francisco, USA
March 18-19. Livestock Care Conference. Olds, AB
March 23-24. Advancing Women in Agriculture Conference. Calgary, AB
March 31-April 1. London Swine Conference. London, ON
Our Social Events
December 18, 2019
Thanks to the LG Social Committee for organizing
our Christmas Party at Laser City.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
June 06, 2019
Thanks to the LG Social Committee for organizing a fun
"team-building" activity at lunch.
We all had a blast!
- By Teresa Lantz Every January for the last 14 years, Banff, Alberta plays host to the Banff Pork Seminar (BPS). The Fairmont Banff Springs Conference Centre currently accommodates this event, …Read More »
- In April 2019, we spoke with Gentec PhD student Robert Mukiibi about his experience working with Ireland’s Teagasc on a joint project to find biomarkers for feed efficiency in cattle …Read More »
- by Xuechun Bai The Plant and Animal Genome Conference (PAG), marketed as “the largest ag-genomics meeting in the world” takes place in the middle of January each year in San …Read More »
- The importance of biodiversity is widely recognized. High profile reports include the UN IPBES 2019 report (United Nations Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services) and the OECD report …Read More »
- Cattle don’t just eat grasses. They can also digest 99% of fruit and vegetables—even bread. Producers have been feeding cull potatoes and peels to cows for years, so the idea …Read More »