April 6. National Animal Welfare Conference
April 8. Ronald O Ball Lecture in Food & Agriculture
April 12-15. British Society of Animal Science 2021 Conference
April 14-16. European Symposium of Porcine Health Management. Netherlands
April 20. Canadian Roundtable for Sustainable Beef semi-annual meeting
April 20. Wild Pollinators in the Prairies
May 10 & 12. Agri-Food Research and Innovation: Looking Ahead to 2025
May 10-14 Animal Nutrition Conference of Canada
May 25. Meat & Poultry Industry Russia 2021. Russia
Our Social Events
December 18, 2019
Thanks to the LG Social Committee for organizing
our Christmas Party at Laser City.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
June 06, 2019
Thanks to the LG Social Committee for organizing a fun
"team-building" activity at lunch.
We all had a blast!
- In March 2021, AgSights (here) set out its approach to traceability in a newsletter article with Gentec. Its software tools allow producers to collect and integrate animal data all the …Read More »
- The idea behind CBIN—the Canadian Beef Improvement Network—has been percolating for decades. In November 2020, it progressed from an initiative to a concrete entity, under the leadership of David Sibbald …Read More »
- Consumption of livestock products, particularly from cattle, is becoming more and more controversial. Issues such as the contribution of cattle to GHG emissions and/or climate change, the use of antibiotics …Read More »
- AgSights was one of the earliest companies in Ontario to collect phenotypic data on beef cattle, starting in 1993, thanks to a provincially-funded program to support the beef industry. When …Read More »
- It was while studying Animal Science as an undergraduate that the concept of ‘how characteristics are inherited across generations’ struck Dan Hailemariam’s curiosity. He pursued that curiosity in a Master’s …Read More »