November 1-10. Royal Agricultural Winter Fair. Toronto, ON
November 4-December 10. Online Ag Management Program: Winter Feeding & Grazing.
November 4-6. AIC Conference – Artificial Intelligence, Robotics and Agri-Food. Saskatoon, SK
November 6-10. FarmFair International. Edmonton, AB
November 12-15. Canadian Forage Production School, Eastern Edition. Moncton, NB
November 13-14. 2nd UAlberta Infectious Diseases Conference. Edmonton, AB.
November 13-14. Canadian Public Trust Summit 2019. Saskatoon, SK
November 13-14. Pig Welfare Symposium. Minneapolis, MN, US
November 19-20. Regenerative Ag Days. Brandon, MB
November 21. Supplementing your cow herd: Managing the pregnant cow for better calf performance. WEBINAR
November 25-30. Canadian Western Agribition. Regina, MB
November 28. Genomics 101. WEBINAR
December 2-4. Agricultural Excellence Conference. Fredericton, NB
December 2-5. Farm Forum Event 2019. Saskatoon, SK
December 6-7. 23rd International Conference on Food Fraud & Safety. Montreal, QC
December 10-12. Western Canada Conference on Soil Health & Grazing. Edmonton, AB
December 12. Steps to reduce disease in newborn calves. WEBINAR
June 06, 2019
Thanks to the LG Social Committee for organizing a fun "team-building" activity at lunch.
We all had a blast.
March 13, 2019
Livestock Gentec sponsored the graduate student symposium. LG had three PhD students participate, where Seyed Ali Goldansaz gave an excellent oral presentation on Metabolomics and sheep mastitis, and Jiyuan Li and Xuechun Bai participated in a poster competition. All students presented very well, and Xuechun Bai won in the poster competition as one forge top three posters!
- As of September 2019, Germany’s Leibniz-Institut für Nutztierbiologie (FBN) is home to BovReg—a $9 million, EU-funded project dedicated to generating a comprehensive functional annotation map of the bovine genome and …Read More »
- Julia Keenliside DVM MSc Veterinary Epidemiologist Alberta Agriculture and Forestry The porcine epidemic diarrhea (PED) virus first made the jump from Asia to the USA in 2013. Since then, it …Read More »
- It all started with an idea…. Former Gentec CEO, Steve Moore’s PhD student, Stephanie McKay, thought about developing a SNP chip for applications in cattle, a project that eventually became …Read More »
- Part 1: Cows and climate change When Canada’s beef industry says its priority objective is to be sustainable, what does that mean, specifically? The answer isn’t a simple as you …Read More »
- by Julia Keenliside DVM MSc Veterinary Epidemiologist Alberta Agriculture and Forestry The Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea (PED) virus first made the jump from Asia to the USA in 2013. Since then, …Read More »