DNA is the genetic code that determines how an organism grows, what it looks like, and how it performs in a specific environment. This webinar discusses how genomics can be used on both purebred and commercial operations. RECORDED
External parasites can reduce weight gains, cause losses in milk and meat production, produce general weakness, cause mange and severe dermatitis, and create sites for secondary invasion of disease organisms. This webinar discusses methods on how to prevent and treat external parasites on cattle. RECORDED
Health Issues in Mid to Late Fed Cattle. May 5. Register here. LIVE
Our Social Events
December 18, 2019
Thanks to the LG Social Committee for organizing
our Christmas Party at Laser City.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
June 06, 2019
Thanks to the LG Social Committee for organizing a fun
"team-building" activity at lunch.
We all had a blast!
- By Mikolaj Raszek, PhD The lead-up After finishing my PhD in Biochemistry, I took a break from science to think about what I wanted to do with my life and …Read More »
- By Jiyuan Li The 4th Agricultural Life and Environmental Sciences (ALES) Graduate Research Symposium was held at the UAlberta on March 13, 2020. The event was sponsored by Gentec and …Read More »
- “The initial learning curve is pretty steep when you get to industry,” says Austin Putz, a newly-hired geneticist at Hypor (a Hendrix Genetics company). “And the difference in work cultures …Read More »
- The newly-funded Antimicrobial Resistance – One Health Consortium managed out of UCalgary* is about to play an important role in how we safeguard the eroding ability of antibiotics to save …Read More »
- Because the Leghorn chicken is so prolific (up to 320 eggs/year!), it is the darling of the egg industry, and produces the vast majority of eggs in Canada. They lay …Read More »