Knowledge and Technology Translator for Genomics Research in Alberta Beef Industry
Livestock Gentec is an Alberta Innovates Centre based at the University of Alberta focused on applied research aligned with industry-identified priorities to validate, demonstrate, and adopt transformative genomic solutions to improve the global competitiveness (economic, social, and environmental) of the Canadian beef and pork sectors. Gentec is looking for a creative communicator to join the beef industry team to help promote the adoption of genomic tools in Alberta’s beef industry. This is a full time, temporary contract with the ability to work from home or at Gentec’s offices on the University campus.
- Development of infographics and resources to translate research and engage industry audience
- Curation of social media content to promote Gentec, and Gentec’s research projects, events, resources, etc.
- Attendance of in-person agriculture conferences and meetings, including managing a booth and connecting directly with industry
- Contributing to Gentec’s monthly newsletter
- Working as part of a collaborative team
- Communicating with Gentec’s stakeholders in academia and industry
- Degree in Animal Science (or 3rd/4th year of animal science degree)
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Experience with social media
- Ability to work within a team and individually
- Passionate about the agriculture industry in Alberta
Salary based on experience and qualifications. Employment term May 1 to September 2 (or potentially December 31), 2022.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
For any questions, please contact Gentec’s office at 780 248-1740 or firstname.lastname@example.org